Hughes Federal Credit Union Ripped Me Off!

Account had $50 taken out for "INACTIVE DORMANT FEE" Without my knowledge or consent. I have been with this bank for over 10yr & never had this happen Account had $50 taken out for "INACTIVE DORMANT FEE" Without my knowledge or consent.

I have been with this bank for over 10yr & never had this happen. This is very bad business practice. I called this bank, requested a full refund of said "INACTIVE DORMANT FEE", and was only given $30 of the $50 back. While on hold for this bank I continue to receive commercials about no minimum balance, no fees checking.....yet I had $50 taken out of my account for fees?

What gives? This bank is untrustworthy with customer monies.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hughes Federal Credit Union Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 20, 2017.

Comments

Laws in most states require them to keep accounts current (a $5 deposit a year usually does the trick). Luckily you saw it - rather than them closing the account and sending it to the state where it will take you forever to get it back.

Suspected Fraudulent Collusion: La Mesa RV and Hughes Federal Credit Union

Additional Fees
Interest Rate

We bought a travel trailer from La Mesa RV in Phoenix and they chose Hughes Federal Credit Union to finance it for us. We made it very clear that the trailer would be our PRIMARY DOMICILE. Recently, needing to refinance due to medical debts we were informed by Hughes Federal Credit union that IF they had known we were using the trailer as a primary domicile, they would NOT have given us the loan at all.

We contest that LaMesa RV and the Credit Union collude with each other to make fraudulent sales and financing deals which later cripple the buyer if circumstances change, from getting the monthly payments lowered.

We called and spoke with the manager of La Mesa on McDowell St. in Phoenix and he was rude, callous and threatened to take the trailer and leave us homeless if we made any trouble. I strongly suggest no one have ANY dealings with La Mesa RV or ANY of their financiers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hughes Federal Credit Union Loan Refinance.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Dishonesty about product and financing prohibitions.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 10, 2016.